What We Think
October 6, 2020
Seed accepted as a Signatory of the UN Global Compact
It is with great pleasure that we announce that Seed has been accepted as a Signatory of the United Nations Global Compact. We feel honoured to be part of a global network of over 9,500 companies and 3,000 non-business participants that are committed to building a sustainable future.
Becoming part of the UN Global Compact is not a coincidence. When we established Seed the purpose was, and still is, ‘to make the world a better place by improving the lives of our employees, community and clients’. This is just one of the steps we are taking to ensure that we are achieving our purpose.
We fully embrace the following ten principles and we urge other companies to become part of the Global Compact, and to ensure that, together, we truly make the world a better place:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.